Posts Tagged ‘raspberry’
The best cooking magazine have come across to date is Super Food Ideas – It’s full of good recipes (and not like the Masterchef magazine that’s full of ads). The March issue had a range of chocolate slices, one of which has now become a favourite in my office, Steves office and amongst our friends. Everyone that has tried it has called it the best rocky road ever. It makes a great birthday treat!
I do tweak the original recipe slightly. It did suggest to use Turkish delight but I swap it with raspberry jellies or snakes and I add a bag of marshmallows. Sometimes I use all dark choc instead of a mix of dark & milk choc too.
- 250g packet scotch finger biscuits
- 180g packet raspberry jellies
- 100g packet pistachio nut kernels
- 100g packet marshmallows
- 450g dark chocolate
- 200g milk chocolate
- ½ C golden syrup
- 250g butter, chopped
1. Line a 20cm x 30cm pan with baking paper
2. Roughly chop biscuits, raspberry jellies, pistachios and marshmallows (or use mini marshmallows)
3. Place chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a double boiler* and stir with a spatula until smooth
4. Pour melted chocolate mixture into biscuit mixture and stir gently till combine
5. Pour mixture into a prepared pan, pressing down with the back of a spooon to level
6. Cover with glad wrap an refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm before cutting into squares.
* A double boiler (aka bain Marie) is a saucepan filled partially with water. Place a bowl on top of the saucepan, ensuring the bowl is not touching the water – I use either a glass or metal bowl.