Posts Tagged ‘mars bars’
For Steve’s birthday this year he let me go ahead with whatever flavour I wanted to go with. I decided to make banoffee cupcakes using my double choc cupcake recipe… he wasn’t too keen on banana so I decided on peanut butter instead mmmm…. peanut butter…
I hadn’t made a peanut butter icing before so I hit up my good friend google with ‘best peanut butter icing’ the results suggested to use cream cheese.
They were so delicious and tasted like mars bars!
double chocolate cupcakes
- 1 ½ C self-raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 C dark choc bits
- ½ C cocoa powder
- 3/4 C caster sugar
- 3/4 C milk
- 125g butter, melted, cooled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 12 x 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan. Alternatively, line holes with paper cases. Combine flour, cocoa powder, choc bits and caster sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Add milk, butter, eggs and vanilla essence to flour mixture. Using a large metal spoon, stir gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- 2 T cream cheese
- 2 T peanut butter
- 1 1/2 C icing sugar
Cream together the each cream cheese and peanut butter. Mix in as much icing sugar till you get the consistency you want.
Pipe icing onto the cupcakes. Decorate with a roasted peanut.